Toronto SummerWorks Festival 2018
Inspired by the 1971 televised debate between Michel Foucault and Noam Chomsky, CAFÉ SARAJEVO episode 1 is a live podcast experience exploring the borders that divide and unite us. Internationally-acclaimed performance makers Bluemouth Inc. use dance, text, music, and 360 video to create an immersive, site-specific performance that mediates the division between the live and the recorded experience.
“Hallucinatory. Psychotropic. Miraculous. A show like Andrew Schneider’s “After” invites baroque descriptors. But I should probably just tell you that for most of the show I thought the stage was floating. The stage was not floating.” – Alexis Soloski, The New York Times
★★★★★ NYTimes Critics’ Pick.
“Inventive…astounding…continually finds new ways to challenge and engage its viewers, to surprise and mystify us.”
– Alexis Soloski, The New York Times
"...a tour de force—both of acting and design. ★★★★★”
– Helen Shaw, Time Out New York
“Schneider and his crack team of creative collaborators have near-perfected their own brand of intelligent spectacle.”
– Jennifer Krasinski, ARTFORUM
// Bare Bait Dance Co.
An investigation of authenticity in performance, inspired by the work of Alan Turing.
"Part theater, part dance, part interactive performance art...a scintillating example of what happens when skilled performers collaborate and stretch the boundaries of genre."
- Missoula Independent
"Equal parts urban spelunking expedition and political provocation, "Private(i)" is a reminder that being truly alone is necessary, despite how utopian the connection enabled by technology might seem."
- Fast Company
"if the future is anything like how the artists behind Private(i) predict it will be, the only way to protect our privacy will be to become hackers ourselves, creating glitches in the system that binds us."
• Dec 2018 - NERVOUS/SYSTEM, by Andrew Schneider, premiere at Brooklyn Academy of Music.
• Dec 2018 - UP CLOSE Festival, conceived/curated/produced by Peter, premieres at the New Ohio theatre. Co-Artistic Direction with long-time collaborator, Summer Shapiro.
• Fall 2018 AFTER, follow-up to Andrew Schneider's YOUARENOWHERE, tours Portland, OR and Seattle, WA.
• Summer 2018 - Cafe Sarajevo development with Bluemouth Inc. in Sarajevo, Bosnia & Hercegovina. Performances at Toronto SummerWorks Festival.
• Summer/Fall 2018 - NERVOUS/SYSTEM, a new project with Andrew Schneider, is in development
• Jan 2018 - Technical Direction for UNTITLED SPACE PROJECT by Geoff Sobelle, Trey Lyford and Steve Cuiffo, dir. Paul Lazar. at St. Ann's Warehouse, NYC.
• 2018 - A Spinning Thing is Very Stable, solo work-in-progress development in NYC