by Andrew Schneider / collaborator/performer, Brooklyn Academy of Music, December 2018
core collaborator, ensemble director // lead artist Andrew Schneider “Hallucinatory. Psychotropic. Miraculous. A show like Andrew Schneider’s “After” invites baroque descriptors. But I should probably just tell you that for most of the show I thought the stage was floating. The stage was not floating.” – Alexis Soloski, The New York Times
co-creator & performer // by Andrew Schneider ★★★★★ NYTimes Critics’ Pick. “Inventive…astounding…continually finds new ways to challenge and engage its viewers, to surprise and mystify us.” – Alexis Soloski, The New York Times "...a tour de force—both of acting and design. ★★★★★” – Helen Shaw, Time Out New York “Schneider and his crack team of creative collaborators have near-perfected their own brand of intelligent spectacle.” – Jennifer Krasinski, ARTFORUM
concept, direction, video design, sound design & performance // Bare Bait Dance Co. An investigation of authenticity in performance, inspired by the work of Alan Turing. "Part theater, part dance, part interactive performance art...a scintillating example of what happens when skilled performers collaborate and stretch the boundaries of genre." - Missoula Independent
co-creator & performer // Fixed Agency (co-founder) "Equal parts urban spelunking expedition and political provocation, "Private(i)" is a reminder that being truly alone is necessary, despite how utopian the connection enabled by technology might seem." - Fast Company "if the future is anything like how the artists behind Private(i) predict it will be, the only way to protect our privacy will be to become hackers ourselves, creating glitches in the system that binds us." - Rhizome
• Summer/Fall 2020 - Sally Forth, Lincoln Center Education commission for young people on the autism spectrum, in development with Trusty Sidekick Theater Co. (role: 1-on-1 Experience Director)
• Summer/Fall 2020 - UP CLOSE / FAR OUT virtual community-based workshops in progress
• Spring 2020 - Planetary Census, a participatory Zoom-based performance premieres with Trusty Sidekick Theater Co.
• Winter 2020 - Cafe Sarajevo international premiere at Singapore M1Festival with Bluemouth Inc.
• Summer 2019 - Proxy, a new community work-in-progress begins development in Brooklyn.
• Summer 2019 - Andrew Schneider's YOUARENOWHERE, tours Barcelona, Spain.